|International Organization for Migration
|Human Resources Assistant
|Type of Appointment
|one-year fixed term, with the possibility of extension
|Estimated Start Date
|As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Human Resources Officer and direct supervision of the
Senior Human Resources Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical assistance for the smooth running of the Human Resources processes and activities in the office.
- Provide general assistance in recruitment processes including but not limited to circulation of vacancy announcements, interview arrangements, preparation of materials necessary for the interviews and technical test, support with reference checks, sending out messages to candidates, etc.
- Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR, paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input and maintain data based on approvals and supporting documentation; generate reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
- Maintain orderly personnel files of staff, instructions, bulletins and other documents in the Human Resources Unit (electronic and/or hard copies.
- Assist in the retrieval, drafting and formatting of reports, letters, notes and other Human Resources-related correspondence as directed.
- Support the organization of meetings, training activities and other Human Resources events by carrying out logistical activities such as arrangement of IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- meeting facilities, equipment, materials, preparation of correspondence and drafting and assembling of documents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with one year of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi- cultural setting is an advantage.
English and Arabic are required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- mplex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
- Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes via email: email@example.com, by Dec 13, 2021, at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 29.11.2021 to 13.12.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview processing, training or other fees). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
المرشحين المهتمين مدعوون لإرسال سيرتهم الذاتية عبر البريد الإلكتروني: firstname.lastname@example.org ، بحلول 13 ديسمبر 2021 على أبعد تقدير ، بالإشارة إلى هذا الإعلان.
سيتم الاتصال فقط قائمة المرشحين المختصرة.
من 29.11.2021 إلى 13.12.2021
لا تفرض المنظمة الدولية للهجرة أي رسوم في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (التقديم أو معالجة المقابلة أو التدريب أو أي رسوم أخرى). لا تطلب المنظمة الدولية للهجرة أي معلومات تتعلق بالحسابات المصرفية.